Pursuant to Order No. ISAK-2463 “On the Approval of the Description of the Procedure for Holding a Selection of the Director of the State Research Institute by Way of an Open Competition Procedure” of the Minister of Education and Science of 1 December 2009 and Order No. P1-150 of the Minister of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania “On the Approval of Qualification Requirements for the Position of the Director of the of the Institute of Lithuanian Literature and Folklore” of 6 June 2019, the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania has announced a competition for the position of the Director of the Institute of Lithuanian Literature and Folklore.
Qualification requirements for the position of the director of the Institute of the Lithuanian Literature and Folklore:
1. have an impeccable reputation;
2. have a doctoral degree (PhD) in humanitarian sciences;
3. at least 3 years of managerial experience (must have governed an institution or a unit of institution or an international research project);
4. at least 3 years’ experience in research and experimental development (R&D) projects and publications in international edidions (i.e. journals, books, etc.);
5. in-depth knowledge of the Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania, laws of the Republic of Lithuania, resolutions of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, legal acts of the European Union and other legal acts related to the activities of the Institute;
6. know the principles of governance of the Institute as well as the application of management techniques in his/her work;
7. in-depth knowledge of the specifics and prospects of the implementation of the key research directions of the Institute;
8. in-depth knowledge of the legal acts describing policy and strategy of the Republic of Lithuania on research and higher education and be conversant with the legal acts describing policy and strategy of the European Union on research and higher education;
9. fluency in Lithuanian (the language proficiency level must correspond to the requirements of the state language proficiency categories approved by Resolution No. 1688 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania of 24 December 2003 “On the Approval and Implementation of the State Language Proficiency Categories”), having knowledge of document preparation, administration and accounting rules;
10. have knowledge of at least 2 foreign languages, among them – an official language of the EU.
Candidates to the position of the director of the Institute of the Lithuanian Literature and Folklore must submit the following documents:
1. an application to take part in the competition (in a free form), containing his/ her contact details (telephone number, e-mail address, residence address);
2. an identity document and / or its copy;
3. a document certifying a degree of education and / or its copy;
4. a curriculum vitae;
5. a brief description of research activities and a list of key research works of the past 10 years;
6. a draft 5 years strategic action plan of the Institute and draft work priorities;
7. information on participation in international R&D projects;
8. a list of activities that reveal managerial experience;
9. other documents that allow objectively assessing the applicant’s qualification and eligibility (at the candidate’s discretion).
Candidates must deliver documents (or their translations) in Lithuanian language directly to the Human Resource Division of the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania (A. Volano g. 2, Vilnius, Room 108 or 107) not later than by 10 Jule 2019, inclusive, on Mondays to Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Thursdays to Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. either by e-mail (signing by an electronic signature) email@example.com or by a registered letter addressed to the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport, A. Volano g. 2, 01516 Vilnius.
If documents were sent by e-mail or by registered mail, the original documents shall be checked against their submitted copies when the candidate arrives for the competition.
For more information, please call: (8 5) 219 1108, (8 5) 219 1170.
Date of publication: 10 06 2019